Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday morning

A new week. A fresh start. I'm always optimistic on Monday mornings. And in regard to weight loss, I'm especially optimistic. I'm losing consistently each week and feel great. I've got momentum. But I know, come Wednesday afternoon at 4 o'clock, motivation won't be as easy to come by. I'll be tired, grouchy, and looking for a snack. Going into the week, planning is key for me. Having a meal plan in place, veggies prepped in the fridge, and plenty of fresh fruit in the house is 75% of the battle. Time for exercise and sheer willpower makes up the other 25%. This week, I'm saving most of my WPA (weekly point allowance) for the weekend. I'll be at Hearts-at-Home and eating out for all of my meals, so that's why I'm keeping the M-Th menu on the low side and not dipping too far into my stash of "extra" points.

Have a great, on-program week! And, if you haven't already, sit down with your planner and get that menu in place. It makes all the difference in the world!

No comments: