Thursday, January 17, 2008

florentine scramble

If anyone is left out there, this is a great, nutritious breakfast!

Sautee a handful of fresh spinach in cooking spray (or olive oil, depending on how many points you want to use.) Add 1/2 C of egg beaters. Cook. Add diced tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes, cut in half), and 2 T of reduced fat feta cheese. (Don't bother with fat free -- it's nasty. But reduced fat is okay!)

This is simple, quick, and really good! And only 2 points! Add nutrition by doing this with one egg and two egg whites. It's an extra point for the real egg, but the chemistry of the egg yolk helps your body absorb the nutrients in the spinach.

I know. I should have been a nutritionist instead of an english major. At least then I would be employable!

1 comment:

MamaToo said...

thank you, thank you. I was trying to come up with some new breakfast options. We're all getting tired of the ol' standbys, but that first meal is really important around our house.
This looks delicious... I'll keep you posted. :)