Tuesday, June 5, 2007

lunch

I have a hard time staying on-track at lunchtime. First of all, I'm usually starving. Second of all, my children are also starving. It's usually easier to just scarf down a peanut butter and jelly sandwich than to make myself a healthy lunch.

Today, however, I had a quick, healthy, and easy lunch. It took 2 minutes to prepare, was 3 points, and only cost 50 cents. It sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? It is. Sort of.

Yesterday while I was in the kitchen making other stuff, I roasted a bunch of veggies that were "on the edge," and made up a roasted veggie sauce by pureeing them in the blender with vegetable broth and a small amount of cream cheese. Delicious. Then I cooked a big pot of whole wheat pasta al dente, tossed the stuff together, and portioned out 1-Cup servings into individual freezer bags. Into the freezer went eight little bags. Eight lunches that I don't have to think about.

Time well spent.

No comments: